Compiling Z-Connector for OpenWRT, DD-WRT routers and their clones

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
gdselzer

Will this work with TomatoUSB

Post by gdselzer »

Just getting started with Z-Connector and I am really impressed. To get started I set it up on a spare Ubuntu box I had lying around. However, it would be great to get it running on my Linksys E3000. I have TomatoUSB on it and am REALLY happy with the stability. All else held equal, I'd prefer to not change firmware. Is it possible to get Z-Connector up and running on Tomato? I tried using this guide as a starting point, but got lost once it required delving into the source tree and installing feeds. If someone is willing to help walk me through it I'll be happy to write it up in the form of a guide. Thanks
francisco77

Other z-wave USB and DDWRT

Post by francisco77 »

Is it possible to make the same process for a USB dongle of AEON in a tomato shibby fw?

amanpatel

I used the precompiled

Post by amanpatel »

I used the precompiled binaries for my DD-wrt install (for linksys e4200 router). Unfortunately, the script causes the following in continuous loop:

Opening device...
Connecting to server...
Establishing SSL connection...
Performing SSL handshake...
Establishing SSL connection...
Performing SSL handshake...
Loop started
Loop ended

After the last "loop ended", it starts all over again, with "Opening device...". Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I know I should compile my own version of z-connector, but the instructions written above are for openWRT and not applicable to dd wrt (for instance, there is no "packages" directory for dd wrt source code).
PoltoS

This is certainly due to

Post by PoltoS »

This is certainly due to wrong com port on your side. Make sure to fix it in Run_Z-Agent.sh