Z-Way for Dune HD ready for tests!

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

Z-Way for Dune HD ready for tests!

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Way is now also available on Dune HD media players and set-top boxes!
Dune HD TV-102 with Z-Wave
Dune HD TV-102 with Z-Wave
20130307162334_0_34_.jpg (10.71 KiB) Viewed 62403 times
It is implemented as a plug-in that runs on all series of media players Dune HD: TV-101, TV-102, TV-204, TV-303D, as well as top-end version Dune HD. To control the Z-Wave devices a Z-Way compatible USB dongle is required.

To install you need to download the plugin (choose the most recent version of a file dune_plugin_z-way_mips.yyyy_mm_dd.zip issue date) to "flash card". Then, open the plugin on the player, and confirm that you want to install.

After installation a new icon will appear in the Applications tab.

Important! Before starting the interface, you must run Z-Way, open the link

Code: Select all

http://IP/cgi-bin/plugins/z-way/do?Cmd=start
or to automatically start

Code: Select all

http://IP/cgi-bin/plugins/z-way/do?Cmd=enable_auto_start
In addition to standard interfaces, Z-Way is now shipped with a test version of the interface for TVs and media players. This interface allows you to control your home automation using a remote control on a TV or set-top boxes.
Z-Way TV UI
Z-Way TV UI
DuneHD_.png (38.09 KiB) Viewed 62403 times
As other interfaces, TV-interface is available in source code for bug fixes and improvements: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Way-TV-UI/
fakenick

Re: Z-Way for Dune HD ready for tests!

Post by fakenick »

Its actually a pretty handy setup. I have had a z-wave me usb stick running my home not even realizing that I can simply stick it into a Dune. Been using a small atom server for it. I recently got the new Dune HD Solo 4k which already has the stick embedded and only then realized its actually the same software :-) It runs runs great even when the player is in standby. Basically do not need the server nor any other raspberry pi or anything except the player. By the way it also serves as a 5ghz 802.11ac wifi accesspoint and a simple NAS storage (have a 512gb ssd disk in it) basically covering all the needs of my apartment.

Only question I have about the setup that maybe someone here could help me with. How do I upgrade the version of Z-Way running on the player to something more recent than the 2.2.2r5 that it came with ? When I try the built in upgrade function it just tells me "can’t establish a connection to the server at [MY_ZWAY_IP]:8084".
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Version 2.3.0 (just released) was provided to Dune. They will certainly put an update in their store soon (they need to test and approve it first)
fakenick

Post by fakenick »

Thanks for the info!

So the update should be done via the Dune Store. Is that procedure just as safe (keeping configs/data/etc) as the standard one? Maybe a nice small tweak would be to replace the contents of the firmware upgrade box with a warning that the update needs to be done in the player.

Either way i would prefer to be able to upgrade it within z-way ... but as long as they keep releasing updates in a timely manner I guess its acceptable. If they stop then I have SDK access to the box myself so i will just hack a new version in :-)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Not sure how it is done in Dune. Update should be smooth - Dune tests a lot their apps before approving them.

If you are interested to play with the new version, you can try to use this http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _01_30.zip but I don't know how to unpack it to dune (it is not in their Apps format). Can not even guarantee that it works - I've only older an Dune that have different architechture and CPU.
fakenick

Post by fakenick »

They should give you one so that you can test :-) Would be good for both them and you.

In fact I have a spare Dune TV303D but not sure that would help because its a different chipset (also MIPS as oposed to ARM). I guess thats the problem you are having. Either way if it would help then here are the specs.

TV303D is Sigma Designs 8672 :
CPU: MIPS 74Kf 800 MHz (little endian)
Linux kernel: 2.6.32

while Solo4k is SIgma Designs 8758 :
CPU: ARMv7 Cortex A9 1200 MHz, dual core (little endian)
Linux kernel: 3.4.39.13

Where are you from ? depending on shipping cost maybe I can send it to you.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

TV303 is similiar to TV102. Here is the build for MIPS: http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _01_28.zip

But Dune have not made a store package for TV303
fakenick

Post by fakenick »

Any pointers about how to upgrade the plugin manually from the zip file as opposed to the dune store ? I have tried replacing most of the components of the original plugin with the new files but seems like there are some additional things customised by dune or I am doing something wrong :-(
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Honestly, no idea. They pick up packeges from us and then we don't know exactly what happens. May be you can write them directly. We have also forwarded this topic to them