Z-Uno! We are proud to present our new product

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
10neWulf

Re: Z-Uno! We are proud to present our new product

Post by 10neWulf »

Is the Australian model getting pushed-back again??
johno1234

Post by johno1234 »

I was so excited when I first saw this product in the offing.

Now that it is available I am so disappointed.

The Australian price is AU$119 not only is that 50% more than the equivalent Euro price, it is more expensive than almost all commercially available complete z-wave modules.

So a module that is commercially available, comes with an enclosure, sensors, relays etc is cheaper than this bare module?

Very disappointing.
10neWulf

Post by 10neWulf »

plus $20 shipping! I know... I suppose you could compare it to the fibaro multi sensor board (can't think of the right name atm...) that only has 3-4 inputs/outputs - and is around the same price point - but I can't help but think that they probably could have supplied it out of the EU cheaper, even considering shipping costs...

The downside of the Australian Z-Wave market I suppose...

I'll be getting one still... I wish I could have grabbed a few more, but can't justify the expense until I have a proven application for it..
10neWulf

Post by 10neWulf »

When I went to order mine, Black Cat's Credit Card system wasn't working, and now they're sold out... Must have been a VERY small production run... Maybe that's why they're so expensive!!
Black Cat

Post by Black Cat »

Guy's I'm not sure where you are getting your pricing information from, but to set the record straight, Z-UNO (EU frequency) on the ZWave.eu website retails for EURO 59.48 plus shipping which in AUSTRALIAN dollars (6/5/2017) is AUD$92.75. Add Duty (5%) & GST (10%) and you get $107.12 Shipping is not included.

Then there are hidden costs in overseas shipments such as Import duty (5%), insurance & Custom Agents fees. Not to mention that Shipping halfway around the world is VERY expensive.

You can see that the Australian Price is fairly well equivalent to what the consumer would pay in Europe.

If you are not happy with DHL overnight door to door shipping there is a free pickup option for you to use your own courier but to complain on a public forum without getting your facts straight is illogical and may be considered defamatory.

10ne Wulf, yes the initial order was small, with this product there was no way of judging how popular it would be and there is no point in ordering 100's if they are going to sit on the shelf for years. I hope to have this situation rectified soon and you will be advised directly when it is.

Best
Mike
johno1234

Post by johno1234 »

Yeah good one, Mike. "defamatory" - LOL.
poordom

Post by poordom »

Good afternoon,

I am looking for a Z-Uno board, where can I get one.

What is the cost, I am in Canada.

Any specific user manual, I can download.

Thanks

Dom
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Dear @poordom, you can order yours on https://z-uno.us. There is a USPS deliery option to Canada.

All the technical info can be found on the site: https://z-uno.z-wave.me/technical. There is also a nice cook book about Z-Uno here: http://z-uno.z-wave.me/QSG/
Ben Z.

Post by Ben Z. »

Good news! I think it would be great if you do some video tutorials on how to use the Z-Uno.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have scheduled this. Meanwhile you can check many different examples on our web site: https://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/