Razberry V2 and RU Frequency

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
CudaNet

Razberry V2 and RU Frequency

Post by CudaNet »

Just received the new board (stamped with a U) and installed in a new Raspberry Pi3. Loaded with 2.2.4 and I can change the frequency to US but it doesn't survive a reboot. Once bounced, it's back to RU. Going to 2.2.3 is obviously not an option as I cannot change to anything other than 'RU'.

Let's see if we can resolve this first before my other issues are discussed.
PoltoS

Re: Razberry V2 and RU Frequency

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like UI problem. Don't worry, it is on US.

May be our h/w also want to run into geopolitic battle ? ;)
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

OK, that makes me a feel a little better. On to my next question, I have a 1st gen Razberry that I use in production. When I startup the 2nd gen Razberry, it see's all the devices on gen1 Raz, although it cannot control them (which is good at the moment).

Is this to be expected even though I haven't paired the two together ? I've attempted to tell 2nd gen Raz to leave the network but it doesn't. 30+ devices awaiting an interview is kind of strange.

Thoughts ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Have you included gen2 in gen1? Have you rolled up the backup on gen2 from gen1? It should not know about your devices unless you do either of these actions
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

You are correct, I initially removed Gen1 and swapped in Gen2 and loaded from a backup. When I discovered I was having issues with 2.2.4 I restored and put Gen1 back into production.

I then took Gen2 and installed it in a brand new Pi3. I forgot to set the controller to factory default (I believe that's what I need to do).

Thanks PoltoS.
PoltoS wrote:Have you included gen2 in gen1? Have you rolled up the backup on gen2 from gen1? It should not know about your devices unless you do either of these actions
CudaNet

Post by CudaNet »

@PoltoS,

Things are looking great so far. I reset the gen2 board and installed on a fresh Pi3 this morning. Overlooking the 'RU' frequency and running 2.2.3, I was able to add a Schlage lock successfully and the Zooz mini receptacle is now reporting energy usage. I tried at least 3x with the Gen1 board and had to nudge (ok, force) the interview for it to control the Zooz (energy would NOT report). Not now, it's successfully reporting energy usage and working perfectly.

Also, knowing each home is different. I'm getting much improved range.. A definite and worthwhile upgrade...