Z-Way v3.0.0 Release

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
timb

Re: Z-Way v3.0.0 Release

Post by timb »

I have upgraded using a clean Buster install. Installed 3.0.0 and restored by backup from v2.3.8.
It is generally working but has moments when it is VERY slow, frequent message "Connection refused by the z-way server" on the screen.
I click a Switch on the UI (even a Dummy switch) and it takes 10 seconds to update.
I have cleared the browser cache and cleared cookies in Chrome sevral times. I have used Edge that I hardly ever use, no difference.
This is also reflected in rules being generally slow: walk into a room with a PIR, slow for the z-way server to fire a rule to turn the lights on.
Like I say it can change, sometimes OK, sometimes slow.
I have monitored the CPU on the Raspvberry Pi, mostly very low.
By the way, when I tried to convert the Rules to the new Rules in settings, it timed out. It converted the 11 If-Then rules, but none of the 30 Logical Rules. I gave up on that. Is there a way to run the conversion again?

Does anyone have any experience with Pi4 - is it faster?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It might be due to intensive write to SD card. Try when no UI is accessing the server - is it faster? If so, we are releasing a fix for this issue
timb

Post by timb »

Would it be faster if i got a SSD HD instead of the SD card?
timb

Post by timb »

I have checked the slow responsiveness does not depend on the UI. When I have no active session, still rules can take up to 10 seconds to activate.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In that case would be good to check for logs and may be put some console.log in different places of the modules involved to see where it takes time to do something
timb

Post by timb »

I have since completely rebuilt a new SD card. New Buster OS, new install of zway, restore of my ,.zab file.
All is now working fine - phew!
HoweverI couldnt get this command to work: wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo bash
Instead I had to use the old: wget -q -O - http://razberry.z-wave.me/install/v3.0.1
Any reason for this? What am I doing wrong (it seems to work anyway?)
Thanks
marcosgdas

Post by marcosgdas »

PoltoS wrote:
20 Jul 2019 16:07
What is next? Next week we will release Z-Way for Western Digital and Windows. Next month we will release new mobile apps for iOS and Android.
PoltoS, the Western Digital version was released? At least as a beta version?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Here is a test version. If okey, 3.0.4 release will include WD versions too.

https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... 31-674.tgz, where XXXX is one of DL2100, DL4100, EX2100, EX2Ultra, EX2, EX4100, MirrorGen2, Mirror, PR2100, PR4100
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Hi Poltos,
nice to see that versions for WD are still being developed!!
I was using 2.3.8 beta for my PR4100 for a long time now and this version just worked absolute flawlessly with now more than 100 devices and some selfmade hacks.
Recently i wanted to test 3.0.3, but i cant get it to work. I tried different things but in the end it resulted everytime in a rejected connection, at least when the uzb was plugged in or i tried to restore my backups.
I gave up after some hours and flashed 2.3.8 beta again, which works without a problem.

Is there a 3.0.4 alredy online? maybe i give it a shot again and try some further problem solving :)

thanks for your great work!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Not yet. We are hunting one annoying bug and once done, we release it.