Z-wave hardware with Z-cloud and Homeseer

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pierrot24

Z-wave hardware with Z-cloud and Homeseer

Post by pierrot24 »

Hello,

I'm already using z-wave hardware (AeonLab stick) with Homeseer.
I'd like to use both Z-cloud and Homeseer at the beginning.

Can I use my AeonLab stick with both, or should I get a second z-wave hardware dedicated to Z-cloud...?

Thanks a lot
Pierrot
PoltoS

You can not use both simpultaneously

Post by PoltoS »

Both programs would conflict speaking with the stick.

But of course you can use HomeSeer and Z-Cloud one after another.
pierrot24

As I have many devices and

Post by pierrot24 »

As I have many devices and events, I need to continue using Homeseer at the beginning, and run z-cloud simultaneously only with Danfoss Living connect, with ST814 (temp/humidity), and with an on/off contact for my boiler.
If I purchase a second stick, will it work ?

By the way, is it possible to have graphs in z-cloud (temperature and humidity) ?

Thanks a lot
Pierrot
PoltoS

Z-Cloud can be secondary controller with HomeSeer as primary

Post by PoltoS »

You can buy a new stick, do Reset controller in Z-Cloud (to be sure it has nothing included) and then include this stick in your current network (do Include new device in HomeSeer and Include self in another network in Z-Cloud).After this you will have to reinterview your devices, so Z-Cloud knows their types and capabilities: just triple press buttons on devices one by one and see how they are interviewed.Note that Danfoss Living Connect will talk only to the device it was primarily configured with. So, you will probably have to re-include it with Z-Cloud (with new stick) with HomeSeer turned off. To do this, turn SIS functionality in your primary stick (you can do it plugging the primary stick into Z-Cloud and pressing appropriate button in expert mode); then close HomeSeer software keeping the stick in your PC; then use Z-Cloud (with second stick) to include Danfoss Living connect TRVs.Quite complex, but doable :)Z-Way/Z-Cloud do not plot graphs and charts. But you can use reported values from devices to send them into some special web-service like Google Metering or something else. See Z-Way Tricks post fo get more information. Enjoy!