Server has not completely started yet

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
schwarzenbergf

Server has not completely started yet

Post by schwarzenbergf »

Since one day I have this issue.

While working with the GUI (I missed one device in the Actors list, although it was visible in the Device Status list) it happened.
After log-out I cannot log-in anymore. I always get

"Sorry, server has not completely started yet. Try reloading the interface later."

I tried both log-in's, Admin and normal.
I have no other error. COM-Port is OK. Z-Connector is OK. It connects without errors, on my feeling much faster than usually. In the past it took always a long time at 'Performing SSL handshake'. Now it takes less than a second.
I disconnected and reconnected Z-Connector. I tried to use a wrong COM-Port (to see another message).
Always the same. Cannot continue to work with z-way.

My installation has more than 30 devices, most of them are configured now.
I have access to sensors like EZMotion, this looks really good and promising.
But now I got stuck.

USB stick is zwave.me.

What can I do?

PoltoS

Strange data from stick

Post by PoltoS »

We see your instance to hang up due to strange response from the stick. Z-Way complains the stick do not support basic functions needed for normal operations.

Have you tricked with it with another s/w? If not, probably try to unplug it and plug in back.
schwarzenbergf

Strange data from stick

Post by schwarzenbergf »

Oh yes, that worked(unplug/plug). Unbelievable. I didn't suspect the stick.
Great. I'm happy.
Thanks a lot for this quick support.
catman

I have exactly the same situation.

Post by catman »

Brand new (today) install. This is under OSX 10.6
The stick seems to connect. I was asked to accept several SSL certs in Firefox, which I duly did. Now I get the message: Sorry, server has not completely started yet. Try realoding the interface later.

Help?
PoltoS

Check COM port

Post by PoltoS »

This usually means that the server has not completed the startup. It can happen then wrong port is used: server starts, serves HTTP, but the negociation with stick was not completed yet.

If the COM port was wrong, the server will not be able to talk to the stick and will finally shutdown. Z-Connector will restart back and it will be repeated forever.

Check that you have selected the correct port. Also check Z-Connector logs for possible errors. We have experienced strange problems with Z-Connector on some Mac OS X: on some systems non-blocking sockets don't want to work. Not sure it is your case - look in the log.
catman

Thanks.

Post by catman »

Thanks.
Couple of (Stupid) questions, then:
1) Is there a sure fire way of know which /dev/ port to use?

I'm currently using cu.usbserial which means:
${0%/*}/z-agent -s z-cloud.z-wave.me --cacert ../Certificates/cacert.pem --cert ../Certificates/cert.pem --key ../Certificates/cert.key -d /dev/cu.usbserial
2) Where are the logs stored? I can't see anything in /var/log or the folder in which the Run-Agent script is running.
The console output is:
Opening device...
Connecting to server...
Establishing SSL connection...
Performing SSL handshake...
Establishing SSL connection...
Performing SSL handshake...
Loop started
[E] Socket has gone
Loop ended
Opening device...
Connecting to server...
[I] Establishing SSL connection...
[I] Performing SSL handshake...

Is there a permanent log to look in?
3) Do I need to forward any inbound ports on my firewall?

TIA

C
PoltoS

No way, except for the

Post by PoltoS »

No way, except for the folowing two:unplug, look into list of device in /dev, plug back and compare with new list of devices in /dev. This will work only in case of dynamic /dev (like udev in Linux).run dmesg after plugging the stickThis log is Ok for us. We also see our log on server side. Both suggests that your stick is not responding to commands. So, check port number. This might also be due to our non-blocking sockets problem, but this case the Z-Connector should not start at all, so this is probably not your case.You can edit Run_Z-Agent.sh from Z-Connector package to add --debug -l <logfile> as z-agent parameters to save log file on hard drive and enable debugging.Basically - not. In your case there is no problem with TCP/IP connection - we see your SSL handshake, but the stick is not sending information back. If you enable debug mode, you will see requests comming from our server, but no replies (or a lot of strange replies) going back from the port to Z-Cloud server.
catman

Thanks for the feedback.

Post by catman »

Thanks for the feedback.

dmesg reports the line:
PL-2303/X V1.3.0 start, Prolific

Which is where I started using the Prolific USB / Serial driver from here:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?id=31
v1.4 for OSX

To identify the correct device I did:
$ ls /dev > with
unplugged the dongle then
$ ls /dev > without
$ diff with without
12d11
< cu.usbserial
171d169
< tty.usbserial

Shows it's one of two devices really.

cu.usbserial is what gives the issue we're discussing.

Trying -d tty.usbserial just hangs at:
Opening device...
and has to be stopped
Then I end up with a process which will only die if the dongle is removed. Even kill -9 is ignored.

Trying the debug I see the server sending data, and after a varying number and type of data received, the line:
[D] Server has closed the connection
[E] Socket has gone

The final thing then is when you say 'Check the port *number*' what exactly do you mean? I understand that Windows COM ports have numbers, but as far as I can tell, this is only for windows, not OS X

TIA

C
catman

Just to add I had a couple of

Post by catman »

Just to add I had a couple of hours to kill this evening, so I dug up an old XP laptop. Brought it up to date, XP version of the PL2302 driver. Same isue 'Socket has gone'
Thoughts?

TIA

C
catman

I think this is a driver

Post by catman »

I think this is a driver issue. I installed the FT232R driver for XP and it worked fine. I'll try it on OS X in a minute or so.

Thanks