Different problems: Cannot include Fibaro module

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
catman

Different problems: Cannot include Fibaro module

Post by catman »

Hi

I have a Fibaro double gang relay module installed behind / in a double gang rocker switch.

I am only using one of the gangs at the moment.

I have wired up what I think is correctly. When I operate S1 (Bi-stable) the light goes on and off with each change of position.

I cannot, however, include it in my Z-Cloud.

The cloud is running and can control my Everspring AN157 with no issues at all. That also paired simply.

I am pressing the (Re-)include button on the web page. Waiting for the message:
Ready to add - push button on the device to be added

And then doing any of the following (I've tried them all)

1) Pressing button 'B' once
2) Pressing button 'B' three times in quick succession (1 sec)
3) Pressing button 'B' more slowly (> 1 sec between presses)
4) Operating S1 from off to on once
5) Operating S1 from off to on to off again (three state changes)
6) Operating S1 from off to on to off to on to off again (just for the hell of it really)

Result is always the same. Device is not included, and the message in the log:

Job not removed before timeout (awaiting for more callbacks?)

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

C
PoltoS

Propably you have to exclude the device first

Post by PoltoS »

If the device was previously included in nother network, it must be excluded first. To include/exclude the switch use triple press of S1 or B button.Citation from manual:As states from the manual, Add Fibaro Switch to the network by pushing three times (sat) key no. 1 or push-button B located inside the housing of the device. For bi-stable switch perform 3 position changes.WARNING! Fibaro Switch cancels the "learning" mode after key no. 1 is pressed once. Therefore, pressing key no. 1 four times will not add the devices to the network. The same applies to push-button B.WARNING! Fibaro Switch is set by default to operate with mono-stable switches (i.e. single-pole switch or bell switch). While adding Fibaro Switch to the network with bi-stable switches, ensure that all switch contacts are open (off), because closing them results in activating the push-button and this will prevent adding the device to the network.
catman

Thanks for that

Post by catman »

It shouldn't have been included anywhere, as it was bought brand new. I tried to exclude it, but with no luck.
Followed the instructions for a factory reset, and now it's included fine, thanks.

C