Mark battery device as failed to remove it not working?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Manders

Ugh

Post by Manders »

Ok, i have added the action, but i can only GET the set point not SET it? More frustrated.
PoltoS

This means that interview is not completed

Post by PoltoS »

According to our tests re-interview (called Force Interview) is not a solution - you have to exclude/inlcude. We do not know why DLC reacts in this way.
Manders

Thanks, that works now.

Post by Manders »

Thanks, that works now.
pz1

I will give it one more try

Post by pz1 »

I will give it one more try later. First I want to tackle the enormous power drain on the DLC. I am concentrating now on moving Z-connector to one of my NAS devices, so it is guaranteed to be on 24/7.

Though I read different opinions on this, it seems DLC has to be continuously connected to a ZWave controller, to actively reduce the duration of radio transmissons.

PS: I had assigned a background color to the scene, but that never showed. So I forgot about it. I have changed to orange, after which the black disappeared. (But stil no orange either. That is not a priority for me at the moment, so I don't bother for the time being)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

It proposed you to remove it from the config file.

Post by PoltoS »

You can do it manually, but this do not give any problems - you can keep it.
pz1

(I moved Z-stick back to the

Post by pz1 »

(I moved Z-stick back to the PC to test DLC. I'll continue with the Synology client later)
Yes indeed I noticed, there are no explicit connections from those scenes/schedules to the device.
After I had removed the DLC from the system I did a full factory reset by holding the middle button for 5 seconds while/after re-inserting batteries. It is on manual control and I will watch that for some time. I did notice that the message queue is short and nicely empties. Also the sun symbol which shows that DLC is awake, shines much shorter than in my previous experiments. It seems just a few seconds.
It does wake up every 5 minutes now. Where do I change that, under Device Configuration or in Expert mode?
PoltoS

It does not matter.

Post by PoltoS »

It does not matter.
pz1

Updated to 15 minutes wake-up

Post by pz1 »

Updated to 15 minutes wake-up interval. In contrast to my first experiments it now is nicely reflected in the user interface as well.
sgbirch

Danfoss living connect

Post by sgbirch »

I see by this thread, and many others at different sites, that the Danfoss device is a royal pain in the neck to set up. This is disappointing because I have a 22 radiator building in need of room zoning.

What is the overall opinion of the device? Can it be made to run reliably with Z-Cloud or Vera or should I turn to a non z-wave solution?
pz1

Ultimately I am in the need

Post by pz1 »

Ultimately I am in the need of 15+ of these devices. I am doing this for myself, but also as a demonstrator project. If I can't get DLC to work properly, I will cancel this whole project, because the expected savings in proper heating management should pay off the major part of the investment for the infrastructure.
Based on my experience to date, I would advise against any commercial implementation of DLC without Danfoss' proprietary controller (which ironically has been withdrawn from at least UK and NL markets because of malfunctioning). Though Danfoss states in its datasheet that DLC will work with their LINK controller or other controller, they appear to be utterly unhelpful to the implementers of third party software/hardware as you can read in the forums.
I think that Danfoss for the sake it its credibility, and to some extent also to the credibility of the Z-Wave Alliance, should make a simple reference implementation on a publicly available platform like e.g. this Z-Cloud application, or OpenRemote.
I am not in the position of commenting on other devices. I only have almost 40 years experience with traditional Danfoss radiator thermostats, which have served me very well.