Danfoss lving connect

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

It is not possible

Post by PoltoS »

without disassembling the device. And Danfoss will not do it anyway the comming year - they are quite conservtive!
PoltoS

We have update Z-Cloud

Post by PoltoS »

Please try again. We have fied some minor stuff, but may be something was related with DLC communication. Please, have a try.
pz1

Yes at first sight DLC

Post by pz1 »

Yes at first sight DLC control seems improved as I answered in another thread. I have not yet activated schedules, and actually it is to warm these days to notice any effect of the valve being active :)

edit: After almost 20 hours the battery is still on 85%, which is much better than my previous tests
edit2: Now some 10 hours later on checking the PC again, the WEB interface said it could not reconnect. Also closing WEBbrowser and reconnect said than that the server was not completely restarted. Restarting Z-connector resulted in the DLC being displayed as dead.
edit3: 20120527 8:00h, the power level of DLC dropped to 84%.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pz1

Excessive power drain has come back

Post by pz1 »

I did close Z-Connector for 24 hours. I thinkI closed in the middle of the period that DLC was sleeping, but am not completely sure. Reconnected this morning, and found that the battery had dropped to 71%. So it looks as if DLC can't effectively operate without being continuously controlled by Z-Wave commands.
edit: Just noticed that we discussed this back in February as well. As it has been discussed by others. So nothing new what I stated here, but probably good to keep in mind.
On the other hand it is strange why DLC has this behaviour. Once it has its schedule it can continue to operate with that. From an operational point of view I can not think of a reason why DLC should be awake for such long periods.
pz1

After a further 24h of being

Post by pz1 »

After a further 24h of being permanently connected, the battery has further dropped from 71% to 69%. This is rather alarming for a wake-up interval of 15 minutes I think. Doesn't even come close to the 2 year lifetime Danfoss is talking about.
PoltoS

This applies not only to DLC

Post by PoltoS »

All sleeping devices with periodic wakeup will drain battery if no controller is present during wakeup.

Look, the device wakes up and say: "I'm awake". Controller sends all needed packets and then "Nothing more, go to sleep". This takes usually 20-100 ms depending on number of packets in the queue.

If controler is not available (disconnected or reachable [confirms delivery], but do not reply), the device will try to reach the controller for while and wait for more commands. Usually this time is 1-2 sec. So, this takes 10-100 times more energy!!! This means that instead of 2 years it will last only 7 days - 2,4 months.

Indeed, DLC uses them in about two weeks.
Manders

Mentioned in another thread but...

Post by Manders »

My batteries are now 0% because once you lose the connection the software does not reconnect... This needs sorting as it sucks big time.