Device status not always correct?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pz1

Device status not always correct?

Post by pz1 »

Under menu Device Control, I often notice a discrepancy between the time readings under Devices Status and Switches. The Status displays almost always the last time that the status has been checked together with the green check mark. However if I select Switches, there are time marks in red, which may be up to several hours old. Sometimes this can be corrected by pushing the update button, but this does not always happen. Switching a light on or off may also help in cases where the update button does not help.
I would have expected no green mark in the Status menu if a device time has been marked red for over an hour or so under the Switches menu. What does the green mark actually stand for?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Both tabs shows different

Post by PoltoS »

Both tabs shows different info. On Status tab last communication time is shown (any packet recieved from the device). On Switches tab the time of last update of the light level is show.

So, they might be some descripancy.
pz1

Network stability

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for the explanation.
I am fiddling with network stability. As I had my Synology DS212+ controller in a closet near the entry of the house, I experimented with moving the Z-stick with a USB extension cable to a different location. Later I moved the DS212+ with a directly connected Z-stick to the same location. That gave a much better quality (i.e. greener routing table) than with the cable. On the site of AEON I read somewhere that reception could be improved with an USB extension cable. Is a special cable required? Or do I need newer Z-stick driver? I think the one I have is version .8x (I do not remember the x-value)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

No, extension cable itself can not improve the radio.

Post by PoltoS »

At least the gain can be positive and negative - you have to calculate radio schema. This is quite complex, so forget about this.

But it can help you to place your stick in a better place.