Device rename does not save after relogin

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
christiand

Device rename does not save after relogin

Post by christiand »

I just started with z-way and added a view devices. But when i rename a device at fitst it works. The device changes name and i can switch between the sections and everything is well. But when i refresh my browser or login on the web interface from another pc all my changes are gone.

I tried changing settings on a device so the save button shows up, but also no luck with this.

Anybod has an idea what i am doing wrong?
PoltoS

It's not too clear, but you have to press Save on Map tab

Post by PoltoS »

In Z-Way Web UI button Save is per tab. But for the sake of simplicity we allowed Rename on Device Config tab in addition to Map tab. So, to save it you have to go to Map tab.

Also notice, that once you leave the page (close the browser or the bwroser tab), a popup should notify you about unsaved tabs.
pz1

You wrote: Also notice, that

Post by pz1 »

You wrote: Also notice, that once you leave the page (close the browser or the bwroser tab), a popup should notify you about unsaved tabs.
I am using Firefox 15.0.1, and I just checked that when in the Devices Configuration tab, I dragged my smoke alarm to the association field of a switch, I did not see a notification popup. (I do not have a popup blocker enabled in Firefox). Chrome did not show a popup either.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
christiand

That seemed to do the trick.

Post by christiand »

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you for he fast reply
pvdspek

Thanks for the explanation

Post by pvdspek »

Thanks for the explanation on the renaming issues I've experienced as well. But why don't you just enable the 'save' button on the 'Devices Configuration' tab after renaming a device?
In my opinion it's more obvious to rename a device on the 'Devices Configuration' tab than on the 'Map' tab.

With regard to the browser choice, I've experienced that all supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) are stalling after some time of Z-Cloud use. Maybe due to a growing queue? The clock in the lower right corner turns red and stops ticking. A complete browser restart is necessary.
PoltoS

Save buttons are different

Post by PoltoS »

Save buttons are different because these data goes into different configuration files. Naming goes into same as positioning on the map. That's our internals and we hope to fix this once

As for browsers, we believe there are some memory leaks, but these are quite hard to find. We use quite a lot of external JS libs: jQuery and many plugins, so debuging the full app is quite hard. And there are no good tools to find leacks in JS. The only easy solution is to erstart the UI from time to time. This UI is not made to be running full time. We hope to release very soon an iOS app, which is very stable and easier to use.