Z-connector keeps failing with error box "Socket is gone"

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
bfarmer

Z-connector keeps failing with error box "Socket is gone"

Post by bfarmer »

It apparently negotiated the SSL handshake with the cloud, but fails after about 5 seconds.

Is it possible to get a local copy of Z-Way to remove the uncertainty of the "cloud"?

TIA

Bill Farmer
PoltoS

The problem usually occurs when wrong COM port is selected

Post by PoltoS »

Please check in Z-Connector settings that you have choosen the correct port.

No, unfortunately we do not provide Z-Way for personal usage yet. The "cloud" uncertainty might only be experienced due to problems with your internet connections or with problems on our side (hopefully happening not often than once per two months - we caring about stability).

Hope you will enjoy our free service.
Petrovsky

port settings

Post by Petrovsky »

What settings do I need to set if I want to get rid of the 'Socket has gone' error? I've tried every available COM-port. I've made an exception for port 9087 in- and out-bound in the firewall. I've set bits per second to 9600/Data bits to 8/ Parity to None/ Stop bits to 1/Flow control to None.
I get connected for about 5 to 10 seconds and then the 'Socket has gone' popup appears.
Do I have to run the z-agent.exe (which I started in the background) anyway?
I'm using the certificates which came with the zip file. Do I have to get new ones from your site?
Thanks for a reply.
PoltoS

You need to use 11520 8N1.

Post by PoltoS »

You need to use 11520 8N1.

As we see. your last atempt to connect was successful and you are still connected to Z-Cloud. Please confirm.
pvdspek

I'm getting the same socket

Post by pvdspek »

I'm getting the same socket error message when the internet connection has been down or unstable.
Unfortunately auto-reconnect doesn't work, so I'll have to close the error message and the click Connect button again manually.
Could this be changed to auto-reconnect in all cases (and errors)?

Thanks,
Pepijn.
PoltoS

Put in our todo list

Post by PoltoS »

We will fix the issue once we have time for this task. Please give us the exact error message that you see.
jussiva

I think I have same problem.

Post by jussiva »

I think I have same problem. Hope that somebody can check logs from server side and find out the connection lost problems..
jussiva

I think I found solution. I

Post by jussiva »

I think I found solution. I download certification files again and now every connection issues gone ! Some why my old certifications didn't work correctly.
pvdspek

and the exact message is...

Post by pvdspek »

When the internet connection has been interrupted by whatever reason, the Z-Connector disconnects and reports 2 error messages:
Error1: Socket has gone
Error2: Error reading data from server: (0) (null)

These error messages unfortunately prevent Z-Connector from auto-reconnecting and the connection won't be re-established until I manually close both error messages and click on the connect button.
kai-bcn

same 2 errors as pvdspek

Post by kai-bcn »

I see the same 2 errors as pvdspek ... not immediately, it might work for hours just fine. When the internet is unstable, then these errors come up. Instead of Z-Connector simply turning red while no internet is available + retrying every x minutes and then turning green again, I, too, have to click OK on the 2 errors + clicking connect once more. Not exactly a hands-off Z-Connector setup. :-( Please fix.