Z-Way website/interface hangs in loading screen...

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
boennhoff

Z-Way website/interface hangs in loading screen...

Post by boennhoff »

Hi,
i am currently trying to get into the z-way interface, but i am not getting past the loading screen (blue circle is loading... and loading...). I am on a GNU/Linux machine, using Opera. I also tested it with Firefox with the same results (stopped all ad-blockers, allowed javascript, etc.).

What am i doing wrong?

Btw: Is the source for Z-Way freely available? I am thinking on hosting it on my local server to be not dependend on any internet connection...
boennhoff

it worked...

Post by boennhoff »

Hmm, i probably was too fast with my post. In Firefox the website just successfully loaded... But it took at least 5 minutes for that, which is waaaaaaaay to long... and i fear pressing F5...

What's going on here? If the controller is not connected (z-agent not running) than i get redirected to an extra page telling me that i should connect my controller again... so this seems to work.
boennhoff

Hmmm... now it seems to work

Post by boennhoff »

Hmmm... now it seems to work qute fast through FireFox... Maybe some initial setup that took ages.
But with Opera (my defalt browser) it still does not work!

And what abot the "Danfoss living connect" devices? They show proper details in the configuration view, but i got no "thermostat" devices and can't control them!?
PoltoS

Well, Opera is not supported

Post by PoltoS »

Well, Opera is not supported at all. It is written on our How to start using Z-Cloud page. So, even do not try. We support Chrome, FireFox and Safari.

As for Danfoss devices, you should pass interview with them to get them in Thermostats tab. Check Device Configuration page: does it tell you about completeness of the interview? If not, wake up the device.