Missing Automation button

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
billyboy

Missing Automation button

Post by billyboy »

I just installed my Racberry and reboted the Raspberry. In my webpage I am missing the Automation button.
pz1

Automation is only available

Post by pz1 »

Automation is only available in Z-Cloud afaik
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
billyboy

why?

Post by billyboy »

why?
pz1

I think because they position

Post by pz1 »

I think because they position this product primarily as a DIY product. They have an other product Z-Box planned which I quess will be comparable to Micasaverde Vera and similar. They have not yet said much about it, except that this Razberry has delayed the introduction of Z-Box. At the end of the day they have to make a living out of these products ;)
SpamNeinDanke

Make living

Post by SpamNeinDanke »

Well, they sell the RaZberry board. And it is not cheap either (approx 55€).
If the Z-Box is Linux ARM based, it could share the same code base then. But maybe they see the Raspberry just as an Z-Box for enthusiasts which also could be used to connet to Z-Cloud...
PoltoS

We are reworking the conept

Post by PoltoS »

We are reworking the conept of home automation engine (since we switched from python to js). This will take some time. Our roadmap is to have it by the end of April with some basic UI.

So far you can use raw JS code to do it.
pz1

And it is not cheap either

Post by pz1 »

And it is not cheap either (approx 55€)
It may be more expensive than other USB dongles, but bear in mind you get Z-Wave stack and a GUI with powerfull device manager and a number of other bells and whistles that others do not provide
SpamNeinDanke

Did not want to complain

Post by SpamNeinDanke »

Yes, pz1, you are right. It is a cool solution already. I really apperciate the work of PoltoS and all the others behind ZWave.me. And not knowing the specs of that upcoming Z-Box, I do believe that the RaZberry is one of the best Static Controller solutions out there today especially because of the low power consumption (mine is around 2.5 Watts, 2.7 if I switch from eth0 to wireless dongle).

The downside for me (and maybe others) is that I am not (yet) into JS and the concept of adapting the Demo UI. Especially the automation / scene is not yet clear to me. But I just finished reading the documentation for RaZberry and will now start look into that Mini-Demo-UI example. And maybe ordering a JScript book will also take me further ;-)
pz1

I am on the same wagon!

Post by pz1 »

I am on the same wagon! Trying to master the overall architecture, and coming to grops with JS. I do have some rusty experience with script languages; mostly ASP. I found W3schools http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp a good reference.
Pieter