Thanks, getting started, and searching this forum.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
fredgoodman

Thanks, getting started, and searching this forum.

Post by fredgoodman »

Thanks for running this service, which looks like the best possibility at the moment for graceful control of z-wave. I don't see how you are doing this for free!

I do not yet have a single z-wave device or a z-wave dongle, but I have the following questions after reading the "how to start" page.

1) Clearly, z-cloud is going to have to communicate with the locally running z-connector, but how is this done? ssh? https?

2) Can I set up the z-cloud/z-connector controller as a secondary controller? The reason I am starting this at all is that I got a home security system with built in z-wave. I think it is going to insist on being the primary controller, but on the other hand, its programming interface looks primitive.

3) I don't see a way to search this forum, and thus to avoid asking questions that have already been discussed.

pz1

2) Can I set up the z-cloud/z

Post by pz1 »

2) Can I set up the z-cloud/z-connector controller as a secondary controller? The reason I am starting this at all is that I got a home security system with built in z-wave.

Personally I would not access my security system via a Cloud service. Some use the recently released Razberry for a local solutions

3) I don't see a way to search this forum, and thus to avoid asking questions that have already been discussed.
You can more or less restrict searches to this site with the following in your Google search:
site:en.z-wave.me your search terms

Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
fredgoodman

security system

Post by fredgoodman »

Just to clarify, the security system has a built-in z-wave controller, but its security features (e.g. turning alarm on or off, monitoring sensors, etc.) have nothing to do with z-wave and cannot be controlled by z-wave.

Thanks for the tip on searching! Using it, I can find all the information I need for the moment on secondary controllers and related matters.
PoltoS

Hello! Thank you for using

Post by PoltoS »

Hello! Thank you for using our Z-Cloud service.

1) Just a raw TCP socket with SSL. No ssh/https. But with same security level.
2) Sure! You can include your dongle as a secondary controller
3) was already answered by pz1