Z-cloud UI is painfully slow to load

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Austin

Z-cloud UI is painfully slow to load

Post by Austin »

I just got started with z-cloud. I'm using firefox as the browser. After activating the z-connector and getting the "Loop started" message, I click "Go to Web UI". This opens Firefox using an https connection, and a small message is displayed "Transferring data from z-cloud.z-wave.me.." I watch a network traffic monitor, and little to nothing is "transferring" until about 15 or 20 minutes later, when there's a spike in the data flow and the UI finally opens.

Is it always this slow? I have a high speed internet connection, and I'm running on a PC, so I doubt the problem is on my end. That said, is there anything I can do to make it load faster?

One thing I've already learned: never ever hit the browser page refresh button, or it will take equally long or longer to load again. I made that mistake once just now, and while I wait for the reload I'm writing this post to the forum.

The good news is that it recognizes my z-stick v2, and it able to control my z-wave devices. So, at least it does function.
PoltoS

Z-Cloud is based on our old

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Cloud is based on our old software, which is way slower, than new one. Usually this is fast to work, but Z-Cloud serves many users simultaneously and have problems with performance. Since the service is free and we are busy by our brand new Z-Way for Raspberry Pi, Linux and Windows, we have no possibility to maintain it as it is required.

I believe we will port new faster version to Z-Cloud once.