Z-Way on a Synology NAS

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
decx

Z-Way on a Synology NAS

Post by decx »

Hello,

I have a Synology DS212 and I'd like to install z-way (I have an Aeon lab zstick 2). I'd like to program my own simple UI to control heating and light.

Is there any documentation or tips to install z-Way on a Synology ?

Thanks for you help.
pz1

Afaik, there still is no Z

Post by pz1 »

Afaik, there still is no Z-Way available for other platforms than Raspberry Pi and Z-box. Before I switched to Razberry, I did use Z-Cloud, where I ran the local Z-Agent on my DS212+. I have described that in some detail on the Synology forum quite some time ago.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
decx

:'(

Post by decx »

:'(

I think I read your post on Synology forum but I think the tutorial was not complete. Maybe you completed it recently ?

I read many thing on this site and I understandthat z-Way was developped in python. Why can we install it on a Synology NAS ? Excuse me if it's a stupid question... I'm searching a low cost solution to control zwave device by HTTP with a tiny UI, just for fun and test, and I hope using my NAS and not buying a raspberry...
pz1

The point is that Z-Way is

Post by pz1 »

The point is that Z-Way is not open source software. My speculation is that at some time they may come with a USB stick combined with the same functionality+software as they provide with RaZberry. Time will tell.

Thinking it over I must admit that you are right about the Synology description. I got stuck on compiling the Z-stick drivers. I now remember that I did install the SynoZwave package on the Synology, but did not start it. That package does install the proper drivers, which serve Z-Agent as well as long as no other program has grasped it.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
decx

Thanks for your reply.

Post by decx »

Thanks for your reply.

I'll wait few months (I don't have time to work on this), and maybe I should by a Raspberry...

Few weeks ago, I did what you say : I install Synozwave to keep all driver. But I didn't succeed installating Z-agent... But Z-agent isn't a good solution for me. I want a totally standalone solution.