Z-Box

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ihagon

Z-Box

Post by ihagon »

I see the Z-Box available from several retailers right now.

"Z-Box is a fully functional Z-Wave static controller running Z-Wave.Me Z-Way controller software. It is based on an industry-grade PC motherboard and a rugged metal enclosure. The external high performance antenna ensures excellent wireless transmitting and reception. The box offers standard Ethernet connection and a Serial UART for direct access to the underlying Voyage Linux System.
Therefore, it's ideally suited for both consumer and industrial applications such as sensor recording and energy management.

The Z-Way controller software installed on Z-Box is compatible to all other products based on Z-Way (RaZberry, Z-Cloud, ZWay4Win). The Z-Wave-Me Cloud service allows an easy first time setup with detection of local IP address, remote access from browsers outside the home and semi-automated software update function."

When it say compatible what is meant by this. Is say the RaZberry solution as good as Z-Box or just they can co-exist on the same network?

If Z-Box is going to have software with better / more advanced features I'd like to know so I can make an informed purchase.
PoltoS

They have exactly same Z-Way

Post by PoltoS »

They have exactly same Z-Way software. This is meant by compatibility.