Full Python API ?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dickymoe

Full Python API ?

Post by dickymoe »

Hi, I'am now using Z-cloud (waiting for automation in Z-Way).

Where can I found a complete documentation for the API ? (RulesManager, Scenes...)

There is very few things in user manual but for make advanced python script it's not easy without the API !

Thanks
PoltoS

There is no full API

Post by PoltoS »

There is no full API description available and we will certainly not do it, since it is almost deprecated. Most of API commands are same as in RaZberry projects (like ZWaveAPI.deevices[2].instances[0].Basic.data.level.value or .Basic.Set(255)). But some features are different. The log will tell help you to see the error if you do something wrong using this API.
dickymoe

OK it's deprecated but how

Post by dickymoe »

OK it's deprecated but how can I do to lunch scene for exemple ?
One exemple : If a open the light in device[5] on between 11pm and 6am start the scene "toto" ?
If a open the light in device[5] off between 11pm and 6am start the scene "off toto" ?
PoltoS

The better way is to run JS

Post by PoltoS »

The better way is to run JS console in Chrome and "sniff" these commands. It should be /Scene/Activate/
ollie

Beginner / Python scripting

Post by ollie »

I am starting from scratch... I am trying to collect simple data for test through a python script using -ZWaveAPI.devices[1].data.vendorString.value - but the return I have is ZWaveAPI is not defined. Do I need to import or declare something at the beginning of the script ?