Cannot include ACT ZTW103

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
zimmerleut

Cannot include ACT ZTW103

Post by zimmerleut »

Hi
I have problems including two ACT ZTW103s to network. First, they work, and they can be included into a network controlled by a HomePro ZTH100.
I reset those accessory switches both from the ZTH and the RaZberry, successfully (RaZberry GUI says "Last excluded device is from foreign network", every time). When I include with RaZberry, the device is found (node #0 found), and then inclusion fails silently. I tried this a number of times, rebooted both the raspberry pi and the ZTW103, to no avail. Any hints on how to proceed?
Thanks
Jonas
PoltoS

Re: Cannot include ACT ZTW103

Post by PoltoS »

This is a known issue with rare incompatibility between new and very old Z-Wave device. This is a very rare case and was observed only with old ACT devices (at least we have not seen this with others, even with old Merten). Try to exclude it first using ZTH100 or some other controller and then include in RaZberry. Something like this helped a long time ago.

But honestly, these devices are too old and I would suggest to replace them by newer.
zimmerleut

Post by zimmerleut »

Actually, it seems to work if the RaZberry cum Pi is placed close (~1m) to the ZTW. And admittedly I sought them out because as far as I can tell they seem to be the only accessory switches on the US market that support 3 group association (allowing single, double, and triple tap to control three different devices). Linear's WT00Z supposedly (and according to manual) has that feature as well, but it's does not report it to the RaZberry or other controllers. I'd love to hear there are other devices with that functionality, but it seems Lutron has sued the competition about this?
Jonas
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

ACT violated Lutron patent, while others in US (Linear, ..) seems to not. This is the reason. AFAIK, things has changed since and probably now the patent is not valid anymore or companies know how to overcome it.