Vanishing Thermostats (StellaZ) ?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Mathiasw

Vanishing Thermostats (StellaZ) ?

Post by Mathiasw »

I have the configuration listed below.

When I use the Z-Way.me web interface and add the StellaZ radiator valves, everything is fine and entries appear for them in both the "Switches" (valve position) and "Thermostats" tab on the Z-Way.me web interface.

But over time, they vanish. Yesterday there were only two valves left in the "Switches" and "Thermostats" tab, this morning there were none.

The StellaZ valves STILL appear in the "Device Status" and "Device Configurations" tabs.
The valves still respond to all commands including ThermostatSetpoint.{Get|Set} via ZWaveAPI/Run/devices.

The StellaZ are programmed in with a 240s wakeup.

Why have they vanished? How do I stop them vanishing? How to I get them back (apart from exclusion/re-inclusion)?

Config:
Rasperry Pi, RFXtrx433 (TTY22), RaZberry (TTYMA0)
Z-Way 1.5.0c
ZWave Devices: 8xStellaZ, 10xAeon Multi-sensor, 10xWengzhou TZ88, 2xFibaro Universal Sensor, 10xPhilio PAN04-02, Aeon Smart Meter, NorthQ Power Meter,
Config:
Rasperry Pi, RFXtrx433 (TTY22), RaZberry (TTYMA0)
Z-Way 1.5.0c
ZWave Devices: 8xStellaZ, 10xAeon Multi-sensor, 10xWengzhou TZ88, 2xFibaro Universal Sensor, 10xPhilio PAN04-02, Aeon Smart Meter, NorthQ Power Meter,
pz1

Re: Vanishing Thermostats (StellaZ) ?

Post by pz1 »

Had the same problem. Tried many things. Only restoring the image on my SD card worked. I always make a copy of the SD card after adding new devices or software updates. In my situation it was due to a weak mesh network (see routing table). I got that fixed after mounting a fibaro switch on a strategic spot in the attic. It is a bit trial and error to get a reliable Z-Wave network. The more permanently wired devices you have the better
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Basically, vanishing from Thermostat and Switches, while remaining in Device Status, mean the device interview data were lost. If this happens gradually, this means someone clicked on ForceInterview or the data were lost/not loaded during system start. This can be got from logfile if you know when exactly they disappeared.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

PoltoS wrote:Basically, vanishing from Thermostat and Switches, while remaining in Device Status, mean the device interview data were lost. If this happens gradually, this means someone clicked on ForceInterview or the data were lost/not loaded during system start. This can be got from logfile if you know when exactly they disappeared.
Why does this happen with a Forceinterview. I would expect the Forceinterview should correct the problem, not cause it.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

In the meantime between ForceInterview press and device wakeup (to finish interview) no data is available for Z-Way. Of course after a wakeup everything will be fine.