Everspring HSM02 door/window sensor

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Mike Yeager

Everspring HSM02 door/window sensor

Post by Mike Yeager »

Yesterday, I picked up one of these sensors to experiment and learn with. It is included and associated with both group 1 and 2. In the Blue UI, I can see the sensor and opening and closing the contacts shows up immediately in the UI. I am able to read the battery status from a web browser but I can't figure out how to read the status of the sensor. I figured that http://127.0.0.1:8083/Run/zway.devices[ ... evel.value might get it but it gives me an error "Cannot read property 'value' of undefined.
pofs

Re: Everspring HSM02 door/window sensor

Post by pofs »

.SensorBinary.data[1].level.value, if it is SensorBinary version 1. Otherwise the number might be different. Check the entire .SensorBinary.data tree and look which numeric child nodes it has.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Is there a method to figuring out what commands have what attributes to them? I have the code running now to catch the change and update the rest of my system. So many things to figure out on each new piece. Still working the Kwikset lock....
pofs

Post by pofs »

You can open http://ip:8083/ZWaveAPI/Data/0 and see the entire tree of devices, instances and command classes with all existing data. In most cases all possible data holders are created after interview, but sometimes data holders are created dynamically after data is received from device.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Between looking at the logs and the data tree, I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that this is a busy little controller. I am eventually going to have to figure out a better way of communicating between the Z-Way program and my application. For the moment however, I am getting closer to what I need to figure out in order to get it to work. Thought I had the lock figured out but it tossed me another curve ball....