Aeon HEM3 energy meter does not join the z-wave network

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
kickus

Aeon HEM3 energy meter does not join the z-wave network

Post by kickus »

I'm trying to put up my first z-wave network using a RaZberry as a controller. Here comes my first newbie questions:

So far I've included a Fibaro plug (straight forward, works fine), and NorthQ power reader (which joined the network but says "Interview is not complete yet"). I don't know what to do.

Furthermore, I'm trying to include an Aeon Labs HEM3 (Home Energy Meter, 2nd edition with three clamps and permanent 230V power supply through 3 phases separately). This device refuses to join the z-wave network. I'm pushing (Re-)include device in expert mode (under network management), and I'm pressing the button on the HEM3. I starts blinking red. I should remain solid for 3 sec but i does not.

I've seen that other people in the forum has managed to use other Aeon HEM devices, how did you do it?

Can anyone please advice me to the right direction?
Thanks!
kickus

Re: Aeon HEM3 energy meter does not join the z-wave network

Post by kickus »

I'll comment on myself: what I'm attempting to achieve is to find a setup of power measuring devices (clamps + optical blinking led reader + socket plugs), and a way to read the measured values from own code without any significant delay.

If you can recommend some other equipment to achieve this, I would appreciate to hear.
kickus

Re: Aeon HEM3 energy meter does not join the z-wave network

Post by kickus »

Forget this post, I was able to include it after a factory reset. Works nice.