Z-Box - Version 1.7.1

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
patrikSE

Z-Box - Version 1.7.1

Post by patrikSE »

Hello.

I have just bought a Z-Box to evaluate the difference between different controllers for a future software development.

To start of with I would say I directly found the Z-Box much more developer friendly than the Vera Lite that had personality issues with if it should be for users or for power-users. And because of that, did nothing of them correctly.

Now to my issue, I played around with the Z-Box with my vera, and then decided to reset the controller and found out that I had an old firmware. So I went ahead to upgrade, this failed kinda terrible.

I am now able to access the :8084, but at soon as I try to get to the :8083 I fail to load the page.

Accessed ssh to the device and found out that the z-way-server didn't wanna start after my upgrade. I did fallback to the origional version (from the backup folder in /data/z-way-server*

But my question is, was there something wrong with my configuration files to make it didn't work and make the install script fail? Or is there any other issues? Can't find any logs, and can't find any reason, but when I run the /etc/init.d/z-way-server start, it says starts, but gets killed of at once.

Please advice me how to continue, I can't even remember what the last firmware was because the /etc/Z-Way has been overriten with 1.7.1 even if it doesn't work. :(
patrikSE

Re: Z-Box - Version 1.7.1

Post by patrikSE »

Just for an update, tried the 1.7.0-rc3 since I saw that installation script also existed.
I keep on getting the same issue, and can also say that the Configuration Interface failes to save another password because the zbw_connect doesn't exist.

Can someone please help me or point to a specific direction? (In the expert mode I seem to run v1.4-rc1 and what I have read that has some issues with motion sensors don't get SETDATA triggered on awake.

Please help me?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Is your issue still relevant? Was it solved by tech support?
patrikSE

Post by patrikSE »

I am not sure where tech support exists? :)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

you can paste logs here or by mail on razberry=at=z-wave.me