Self Diagnosis in Z-Wave Products

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Prometheus

Self Diagnosis in Z-Wave Products

Post by Prometheus »

Hello Everyone
I think, I have a general question about the Z-Wave technology. Is there any concept of self-diagnosis included? I was thinking of an automotive control unit (e.g. engine controller). If something wrong with this device then an alarm lamp or message will appear at the dashboard. To know what is going on, the car shop will hook on a diagnosis tester and read out the error messages and will repair/replace (or whatever) the device(s). In the automotive world they using standarized protocols for this purpose.

Is there something similar in Z-Wave?

I came up with this question because my Fibaro Roller Shutter device was not working properly. Razberry could reach the device and according to the log files everything seemed OK. But (at least I think) one of the relays inside the device is broken because I can only drive one direction. If the command for the other direction is received by the device then nothing happens and the acknowledge LED is flashing red. The still working one is flashing green. But like I said, I don't see any sign of a broken device in the Expert UI.