New (unsupported) device (Philio PSR04 Smart Color Button)

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Raptor2k1

New (unsupported) device (Philio PSR04 Smart Color Button)

Post by Raptor2k1 »

Hi!

I received my newest z-wave device > Philio PSR04 (Smart Color Button).
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/705
In Z-Way Expert UI it`s named >> Unknown device type: 24
>> Testet everything with security on/off, no difference...

The only feature i see in Z-Way for this device is BUTTON and BATTERY. But pressing the button will always result in status ON. If i turn the circle, the PSR04 sends data, but no action in Z-Way happens. No event, no debug informations in log (debug enabled), nothing...

Can`t i see any informations in events/logs, if Z-Way doesn`t support a device? If i could send/forward the HEX-code to another smarthome system, i could implement function for my own. But Z-Way won`t show any status or level or anything else :( No chance to use this device at this time?

Another smarthome system shows me, when turning the circle of the device, some BASIC command class values will be send by device to system. But in Z-Way no "level" or similar comes up. Only BUTTON and BATTERY.

If a new device will be released, how long will it take, that it would be supported by Z-Way?

Sorry for my bad english :ugeek:

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Chris
Raptor2k1

Re: New (unsupported) device (Philio PSR04 Smart Color Butto

Post by Raptor2k1 »

My fault :roll: I had to put z-way server in the association group 2 ... since the moment i did this > i get cirle value and on/off value as Events in z-way 8-)

The more i use z-way, the more i love it :ugeek:

Thanks and greets,
Chris
nonnos

Re: New (unsupported) device (Philio PSR04 Smart Color Button)

Post by nonnos »

Did you add the z-way controller to the buttons Association group 2, and then you can see the % value of the button!?
Did you need to exclude and re-include the button?