Schedule app not working

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Zway424

Schedule app not working

Post by Zway424 »

I've been using the schedule and scene app for a few months, however I had to reset the Rpi that was running RazBerry and now the scheduled scenes that I had no longer work on their own. I have to push the "on" button to make the scheduled scene work. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? I simply reboot the Rpi and all scheduled scenes stopped working.
FrankR

Re: Schedule app not working

Post by FrankR »

I had the same problem today. After a "shutdown -r 0" none of the scheduled scenes came up again. Logical rules and other things seem to work. Another stopping/starting of z-way-server also did not solve the problem! :shock:

I went into every scheduled scene and saved it again. Hope this helps.

This might be a workaround, but what is the solution and why did this happen?

Frank
letterman1981

Post by letterman1981 »

Same for me. I have to push "on" to activate the scene.
I simply want to turn on and off a wall plug at a certain time. Can anybody please help, I'm a Newbie in this. Thanks.
toomuo

Post by toomuo »

Go to the scheduled scene, re-select the scene you want to have triggered, and save it again.
Failing that, you may need to delete the scheduled scene and re-create it.

Something doesn't get saved to the card properly that causes this, or something about the scenes themselves makes them lose their naming under the hood even though they look OK, not sure.
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

If there is really something not getting saved properly, saving existing scenes again and again after every reboot might leave lots of garbage. This can only be a workaround and not a solution!

Can someone please explain the architecture? Where is the scheduler located? On the RaZberry board or within the z-way-server? How does it work?
Zway424

Post by Zway424 »

I've tried to re-select and save the scene again, but that did not work. I've tried creating a new scheduled scene and that has not worked either. I'm guessing it's related v2.2 update since everything worked fine before I updated. My remote access no longer works either since I updated to v2.2. Not having remote access and scheduled scenes pretty much makes Razberry worthless to end users. Can someone please look into this?
Zway424

Post by Zway424 »

I'm receiving an error message when I try to open the CRON app. It says " 404 Not Found. Requested data does not exists" Could this be the issue as to why the scheduled scenes are not working anymore? If so, how do I fix this error?
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

I am still running v2.1.1 where re-saving of the scheduled scenes seems to be a workaround.
toomuo

Post by toomuo »

Still on 2.1.1 here too, was waiting to see lots of posts with "2.2.0 working great for me" before I tempted fate (again, all the releases in the last 12 months seem to break something fundamental)
letterman1981

Post by letterman1981 »

I'm on 2.2.1, but still doesn't work. I simply want to turn on/off a switch at a certain time. That should be basic I guess. Is there another way to do that?