Switch Reliability or Razberry problem?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
markolbert

Switch Reliability or Razberry problem?

Post by markolbert »

I'm running the Razberry on a Pi2.

I've had four switches suddenly get marked as "failed" over the last couple of months, 3 in the last week. All of the switches are brand new, and were installed over the last five months. Most of them are GE, while a few are Linear.

I was able to resurrect one of the switches by forcing a re-interview. But the others are not responding.

I'm trying to determine if the problem is in the switches or the Razberry or the controller software, but the upgrade to 2.2.2 has failed -- I get a spinning wheel and then a "failed to load user data" error when trying to log in via chrome under Windows 10.

Is this typical of Z-Wave switches? Or switches from GE and Linear? Frankly, if switches fail that often it makes no sense to build a Z-Wave network around them :).

FWIW, these were all bought through Amazon in the US.
evansnp

Re: Switch Reliability or Razberry problem?

Post by evansnp »

As a matter of interest, are you talking to the RaZberry as ttyAMA0, or as a USB symlink e.g. ttyUSB20?
The reason for asking is that I too had similar issues, until I changed the device port to ttyAMA0.
markolbert

Post by markolbert »

Thanx for the reply.

How would I tell which way my Pi is configured? I think the Razberry is talking to ttyAMA0, but I'm not sure.
evansnp

Post by evansnp »

Go to settings, hardware, and select the Razberry device. Below you will see the configured port.
[img]
razberry.PNG
razberry.PNG (46.97 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
[/img]