Smart UI - Dimmer Issues

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ruffyen

Smart UI - Dimmer Issues

Post by ruffyen »

So I am just getting started with Z-Wave and I am seeing a peculiar issue. When I turn the switch full on or off it works fine. When I use the Expert UI to adjust dimming it works. But in the simplified UI when I try to set a specific dim setting, it will go in the direction of the dim and then go somewhat erratic.

For instance lights on at 99 and I want to go to 30
Set it to 30, lights begin to dim then will go to 15, back to 80, 25, 60, etc and it will not stop unless i tell the device to go full on or full off.

Thoughts?

Jasco Dimmer
PoltoS

Re: Smart UI - Dimmer Issues

Post by PoltoS »

This was fixed recently. You can install 2.2.4-rc4 or wait a bit till we release new 2.2.4 next week.

https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-smar ... -240935557
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

Dear Polto

Could you share the information what was the issue and how it was resolved?
Thnak you in advance

Robert
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-smarthome/commit/27b4cd618a525b2cbdee759a575c3b4c840b375f
brusan

Post by brusan »

I have installed v2.2.4-rc4 and I'm (very) sorry to report that the erratic behavior of the circular scale in the simplified UI is still the same. I have cleared the cache of the browser(s) after upgrading to rc4.

When trying to adjust a dimmer (in my case a number of Fibaro FGD-212 controlled by a Razberry) it is jumping back and forth all over the place. If the dimmer is at e.g 8% before i adjust it and let's assume i point the cursor at half scale och the circle, it will jump to, say, 51% and than jump back to 8%. If I let the cursor rest on the scale, it sometimes stays at the desired value, sometimes not. If I drag the scale along the perimeter of the scale it almost never stays at the desired value.

This behavior is the same regardless if I'm using a browser on my smartphone or is on my PC.
Please: Fix This Issue Now! Please.

Addendum: I do understand that someone has fallen in love with the circular scale UI, but I think a linear scale (preferentially with a logaritmic scale) makes a much more user friendly UI. It is much easier to move the thumb along a linear scale where you also can see what is happening as compared to along a circle, where you inevitable will obscure parts of the scale during the movement. Just my 2 cents... But most importantly: Fix It!

Best regards,
Brus-Per
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We eill track that issue on github (link above) and fix it
brusan

Post by brusan »

Actually, it might be fixed. Looking at GitHub issue #183 (Dimming wheel problems) vades states "This is fixed in the SmartHome UI v1.5.0". But UI v1.5.0 is not part of rc4 (at least not the one you get when upgrading using the Admin page in the simple UI). When upgrading to rc4 what you get appears to be UI v1.4.3. Maby that is the explanaition? See below:
Zwaveme_ui.JPG
Zwaveme_ui.JPG (31.77 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
Best /Brus-Per
brusan

Post by brusan »

PoltoS wrote:This was fixed recently. You can install 2.2.4-rc4 or wait a bit till we release new 2.2.4 next week.

https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/zwave-smar ... -240935557
The above was written 21 Aug. According to the above, it should be available latest 1 Sep. Where is the 2.2.4 release? I can not find it.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have made 2.2.4-rc16 and testing it. Once finished, it will become 2.2.4. You can install it on your own risk (it should not break anything ;)
brusan

Post by brusan »

Is the new UI (1.5) part of RC16? When I installed RC4 it contained the old version of the UI (v1.4.3).

Thank you.