How to modify or write the SMS notification app.

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
jstaffon

How to modify or write the SMS notification app.

Post by jstaffon »

I've been using the "Load Custom Javascript" app to capture and send an SMS when motion sensors activate. It seems to work fine. I would like to use the "Email&SMS Notification" app instead. The only way to use it seems to be to register with sms.ru. I have an SMS and Email PHP server running in my home and would like to use IT instead of sms.ru. What is the best way to do this? Do I modify the code for "Email&SMS Notification" or do I have to write my own module? If the latter is true, are there Developer instructions? Thanks in advance!
[moderator moved this to discussion section]
pz1

Re: How to modify or write the SMS notification app.

Post by pz1 »

jstaffon wrote:What is the best way to do this? Do I modify the code for "Email&SMS Notification" or do I have to write my own module? If the latter is true, are there Developer instructions? Thanks in advance!
I think you can modify it for your own use. If you want to share, you can do so on Github (what most authors do).
You can also submit it to the appstore, but then it should be fit to the average low skilled user. Many are waiting for such a solution.
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

pz1,
Some of the changes I've tried were in the index.js file in /opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/SecurityMode to use my sms server instead of sms.ru. Is that the only file and folder that runs and controls the app's operation? Also, are there Developer manuals available anywhere? Thanks in advance!
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

UPDATE: I've rewritten the SecurityMode app (index.js, en.json, and module.json files) to use my personal website running on my Raspberry Pi to send SMS and email messages. I was using the Load Custom Javascript app to notify me of alarms but it seems buggy. I sometimes get an error message following a restart about the zway variable being undefined. I have to do multiple restarts of the z-way-server to get it loaded right. A bit quirky. I've since deleted that app. Everything now seems to be working just fine. Thanks!