Timer to shut down other device

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
scaary

Timer to shut down other device

Post by scaary »

Hi,

I have a ventilator in my bathroom, which is controlled by a ZWave fibraro dimming device, and I bought a 4 button Switch from devolo today. What I would like to do is:

Push button 1, ventilator runs for 3 minutes at 30%
Button 2: Ventilator runs for 6 minutes at 50%
Button 3: Ventilator runs for 10 minutes at 70 %
Button 4: Ventilator runs for 20 minutes at 100%

So far I have found the application "timer switch", but I cannot find clear documentation on how to use it. I think it's the right app for my problem.?

I'd be very happy for other suggestions how to solve my problem, if this is the wrong way.

Thank you in advance.
gsaw

Re: Timer to shut down other device

Post by gsaw »

Create 5 scenes for 0, 30, 50, 70 and 100 percent for ventilator and name it like "BathRoomVent0", "BathRoomVent30", "BathRoomVent50" and so on.

Then create 4 group devices. Name for example it as "BathRoomVent30Group" and select as "on" scene "BathRoomVent30"-scene and as "off" scene select "BathRoomVent0"-scene. And so on for all other scenes.

Now you can create 4 "Automated off" modules. Name it as "BathRoomVent30AutoOff", as delay set 180 seconds and as device select "BathRoomVent30Group". Same for "BathRoomVent50AutoOff". Device "BathRoomVent50Group", delay 360 seconds. And so on.

Now if you turn on the group device "BathRoomVent30Group" the Ventilator should start at 30 percent power and after 180 seconds it should be switsched off automatically.