Local weather

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pere

Local weather

Post by pere »

I am having problems using the LocalWeather-app.

I am continuously getting "cannot fetch weather information". I have tried several cities/countries, and have tried it with and without the API-key. Same result.

I see the instruction says "You may want to check city names with openweather.org". This is a parked domain. However the popular site openweathermap.org is functional, and I assume this is just a spelling error. Anyway, my api-keys was from openweathermap.org.
pere

Re: Local weather

Post by pere »

Answering my own post. I dont know why this failed, but after a Razberry reboot, and deletion of all instances of the app, things works fine...;)

However, I thought this would work like a temperature sensor. I wanted to switch on my frost guard if local temperature dropped below 2C. However, I cant get the local temperature to act like a sensor. What am I missing?
SirFico

Post by SirFico »

I'm trying to get the weather app to work. Whatever I put into the API key is not saved in that its blank the next time I edit the settings - and the box is red and indicates 'this field is not optional'

But of interest, what did you put in this field, was it just the key or the whole call syntax.

e.g was it api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/city?id=524901&APPID=1111111111
or just
or maybe something else??

I cant get the weather app to work so any hints would be appreciated.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi,

i just put in my API key, 32 characters and it worked after reboot, like Pere.
You only need the full api url link if you test in browser.