Z-Wave Temperature Sensor

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
silvetti

Z-Wave Temperature Sensor

Post by silvetti »

Hi,
I am looking into a way to feeding room temperatures into Z-Way (I have Raspberry Pi3 with Razberry module running Z-Way).
I have 3 Danfoss LC-13 (without temperature sensor) radiator valves, planning on buying 2-3 more.
The Danfoss Link RS is quite expensive to place one in each room, specially since I don't care about controlling the temperature manually I just care of having the correct reading of temperature from the room so the radiators will adjust themselves based on that.
Does anyone have a similar setup ? What have you done to get this working ?
Is there a way to install Devolo firmware (which uses same hardware as Danfoss) which would allow it to read the temperature ? I've read that Devolo has the temperature reading feature so it's a firmware limitation on Danfoss side I believe.

Any input ?

Cheers!
vbertola

Re: Z-Wave Temperature Sensor

Post by vbertola »

I have a similar setup and I use Aeotec Multisensor 6 sensors to read the temperature in some of the rooms, however I have not tried yet to write code to adjust the setpoints on the LC-13s depending on the sensor temperature. My installation is brand new, it has been running for a few days only and at this point in time I am just trying to check how much the actual room temperature differs from the setpoint on the LC-13, before deciding whether I actually need to have dynamic adjustments or I can just "pump up" the setpoints by a fixed amount to compensate for the temperature difference between the valve sensor and the room sensor.