Zipato Mini Keypad - "zombie" virtual devices and usage

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Karsten

Zipato Mini Keypad - "zombie" virtual devices and usage

Post by Karsten »

After inclusion of a Zipato Mini Keypad RFiD I installed and configured the corresponding app but then encountered some issues and got stuck.

First Problem:
During this I made some mistakes :oops: which led to repeated creation of virtual devices (elements in UI: "Zipato RFID Keypad Security Mode" and "Zipato RFID Keypad Tamper").
After some trials I tried to get rid of this construct and start over, but there are still the leftover elements in the UI. How can I delete them? (assume this are Virtual devices created by the app named "MiniKeypadSecurityMode_xx" and "MiniKeypadTamper_xx")

Second Problem:
When app is installed and keypad works (sets virtual device to on or off, events are also triggered), how can I use this status in another app (i.e. if>then or rule)? Maybe I'm a bit blind, but I can not find the virtual "security mode" devices (switches?) which in fact show the status of "arming" as triggers in other apps. Only the "tampers" are listed as switches in different apps. The "Zipato RFID Keypad Security Mode" devices show up only in the keypad app itself. Maybe also the event watcher app might be another solution (as events are visible in the events tab) but here I'm to stupid to understand what to insert as value into the "trigger event" input field.

Can somebody please help me there a bit, I'm stuck... :(
aivs

Re: Zipato Mini Keypad - "zombie" virtual devices and usage

Post by aivs »

Hi, about first problem, you can hide unused widget in widget configurations OR
stop z-way-server
open /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/config-xxxxx.json
remove manually widgets
save file
start z-way-server

About second problem, create Security Mode with you preferences, then create Zipato Mini KeyPad app and in settings set you Security Mode widget.
Снимок экрана 2016-10-27 в 17.43.18.png
Снимок экрана 2016-10-27 в 17.43.18.png (50.54 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
And you can use widget Zipato RFID Keypad Security Mode in all automation apps, like Assocoations, If-then, Logical Rules and other.
Zipato RFID Keypad Security Mode in Logical Rules
Zipato RFID Keypad Security Mode in Logical Rules
Снимок экрана 2016-10-27 в 17.47.44.png (77.82 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Use latest raspberry firmware 2.2.4
Karsten

Re: Zipato Mini Keypad - "zombie" virtual devices and usage

Post by Karsten »

Thanks a lot for the hints.
Now it works like a charm.