Philips Hue app?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
klaasjoerg

Re: Philips Hue app?

Post by klaasjoerg »

@luispedro: But be awared. The current version of this app is not working at all and absolutely buggy.
luispedro

Post by luispedro »

PoltoS wrote:It is called Philips Hue. Make sure to look in Online Apps and reset "Featured" filter (check All)
Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't know what's happening but I can't find the Philips Hue app.
I checked on the online apps tab and clear all filter (clear by default), couldn't find the "featured" filter but the result when I try to look for "Philips Hue" is zero.
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 11.02.09.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 11.02.09.png (30.57 KiB) Viewed 12600 times
I'm I doing something wrong?

LP
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hm... no idea. May be install it manually.

Do you see other apps?
luispedro

Post by luispedro »

PoltoS wrote:Hm... no idea. May be install it manually.

Do you see other apps?
Finally found a way to install Philips Hue, now I'm having difficulties to get an API Key from Philips..
Anyone is able to help me step-by-step?

Regards. LP
luispedro

Post by luispedro »

luispedro wrote:
PoltoS wrote:Hm... no idea. May be install it manually.

Do you see other apps?
Finally found a way to install Philips Hue, now I'm having difficulties to get an API Key from Philips..
Anyone is able to help me step-by-step?

Regards. LP
Never mind, I found the way to get the api key by following the Philips dev documentation and I could successfully install Philips Hue app into ZWave>Me but nothing else happened ... I have the app there saying "Activa".
What should I do know to see the lights and start controlling them?

Regards. LP
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

As I mentioned already above: The current version of this app doesn't work.
BobElHat

Post by BobElHat »

I have a feeling that the PhillipsHue module is actually just an earlier version of the Hue module, both by Minux.

Rather than put a third one on the app store I've uploaded my modified version to Github for now.

It definitely needs more work, but it functions just fine for my Ambience lights as it is.

I've not tested scenes or RGBW bulbs and there is no code to refresh the x,y,z coords for RGBW bulbs.
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

Hi.
1. @BobElHat: I quickly downloaded this new version from github, but immediately get a error message, once activating the app (see below)

2. @PoltoS: I would really suggest to dump the "current" version of the Hue App and replace it with the one from BobElHat, as soon as it works. The current(former) version is completely crap...

Code: Select all

[2017-01-14 18:59:56.855] [I] [core] TypeError: undefined is not a function
    at AutomationController.instantiateModule (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:399:24)
    at AutomationController.reconfigureInstance (automation/classes/AutomationController.js:951:22)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest._.extend.reconfigureInstanceFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:1105:40)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.handlerFunc (automation/ZAutomationAPIProvider.js:3026:52)
    at ZAutomationAPIWebRequest.ZAutomationWebRequest.handleRequest (automation/WebserverRequestRouter.js:259:41)
    at automation/WebserverRequestRouter.js:32:35
    at WebServer.document_root (automation/Webserver.js:29:11)
BobElHat

Post by BobElHat »

klaasjoerg, that's curious, it's exactly what I have working on my system and when I clone the git repo everything seems to be there.

This one has the same name as the previous on so I wonder if some junk is left over from the previous version. You could try reinitialising it by going to:

http://[your pi]:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/modules/reinitialize/Hue

If that doesn't work maybe delete all Hue apps then clone the git repo into to userModules folder again with:

Code: Select all

cd /opt/z-way-server/automation/userModules
sudo git clone https://github.com/timauton/Hue.git
klaasjoerg

Post by klaasjoerg »

Just completely deleted the old Philips-Hue-App-(Folder) and manually created a new one with your github files.
So, works now!

I did a quick test with one of my 18 hue lights, and works well so far! - Good job!
Going to start playing around a little bit, try to create some defined light-scenes (which I used to define only within the home/eve App on iphone up to now).