Cannot instantiate module: Presence: TypeError:

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pdekuewit

Cannot instantiate module: Presence: TypeError:

Post by pdekuewit »

Hello all,

What to do with above mentioned error. I use a Dune HD Solo 4k media player as controller (which works fine). However when I try to implement a Sunset posibility, I need the Presence app, which I can download from the store. Turning it on gives the error:

Cannot instantiate module: Presence: TypeError: undefined is not a function

Whatever I try to do, the error keeps appearing

Any suggestions ??

Peter
pz1

Re: Cannot instantiate module: Presence: TypeError:

Post by pz1 »

pdekuewit wrote:However when I try to implement a Sunset posibility
I have no experience with this. If you don't get a satisfactory response here you may raise an issue on Maros Kollar's Github page for this module

Edit: If you only need day/night you may use the Daylight module, which is not in the apps collection, but can be found in the Recipe section of the forum. That seemed to work well for several people, but not for others including myself. I therefor made an additional day/night sensor in my experimental Wunderground app. That sensor is not very precise because it is only updated every 15 minutes
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pdekuewit

Re: Cannot instantiate module: Presence: TypeError:

Post by pdekuewit »

Thanks for your quick response, but I found another way for the sunset question. I now use the astronomy app in combination with the event app. Together they form a nice sunset (or rise) app in a very simple way.
I removed the presence app all together.

Regards Peter