Z-wave TZ06

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Lukas1991

Z-wave TZ06

Post by Lukas1991 »

Hi,

I am quite new to the topic of home automation and have been recently looking into the Z-wave TZ06 to enable remote control of my existing light switches. I would like to install this module for one room with the following set-up:

3 light switches that are vertically aligned to each other. Switch 1 operates 3 LED lights that are wired in series. Switch 2 operates another, single LED light and the same goes for switch 3.

Upon reading the (limited) TZ06 documentation and checking out the available wiring diagrams, it looks like the TZ06 offers two separate relays to control two individual loads. Does that mean that for my three existing light switches, I would only require two such modules? Also, will I be able to control any of the TZ06 modules using one single raspberry pi z-wave module?

Does anyone have any experience, advice and recommendations? If other products would be more suitable to achieve my goals (i.e. keep existing physical switches but make them wireless), don't hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks,

Lukas