Help Needed: Require sample Z-Way API response

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
colin.cachia

Help Needed: Require sample Z-Way API response

Post by colin.cachia »

Introduction

Hi! I am currently developing and maintaining a native Android application for Z-Way, called Razberry Z-Way Client which can be found on the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... waywrapper. It is a free application which I have published a couple of months ago for all the Z-Way community to enjoy. It started off as an idea when I saw that there wasn't an application available to let me control my Z-Way setup from my android device, apart from being an excuse for me to learn to maximise the capabilities offered by Z-Way.

The Problem

I am writing here since, although I have my own Z-Way setup running at home, I still have limited access to different Z-Wave devices that can be plugged into Z-Way. This is being an issue since out there, people have different setups and different combinations of devices and apps running on their system. Thus, when running my application on their setup, they might encounter some issues which are not easily avoidable for me, given that their setup environment might (and probably is) be very different to mine.

Okay, so how can I help?

The application relies on a set of responses given by the Z-Way API to anyone requesting them. I would like to have me sent (by PM or otherwise) some responses given to you by your Z-Way setup. The resource I am specifically targeting at the moment is the /devices. What I want is a copy of the output being displayed when you perform a GET request (using Postman or similar) or browse (with your favourite web browser) to the following link: [url]http://YOUR_HOST_NAME:YOUR_PORT_NUMBER/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices[/url]. Please substitute [YOUR_HOST_NAME] with your host domain/IP and [YOUR_PORT_NUMBER] with your Z-Way's machine's post number.

I want to help you, but this response contains information which I do not want to share

I totally understand that you might not want to share some information about the devices in your home. However, if you still would like to help, you can change some values from this JSON response. All I am interested is the JSON schema which is output from your environment.

If you would like to help, please send me your response as plaintext or as an attachment as a PM. If you require any help, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks!