zway crashes

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
fez

zway crashes

Post by fez »

I`ve been having crashes the past days and I could trace it back to the SensorPolling module.
After this I can recover only if I restart zway. I have seen this only with 2.3.0.
This is what I found in the logs:

Code: Select all

[2017-02-17 16:00:00.606] [I] [core] Notification: error (module): Error during perform command execution: Error: Invalid argument
[2017-02-17 16:00:00.610] [I] [core] Error: Invalid argument
    at Error (native)
    at self.controller.devices.create.handler (automation/modules/ZWave/index.js:2917:13)
    at _.extend.performCommand (automation/classes/VirtualDevice.js:295:37)
    at automation/modules/SensorsPolling/index.js:82:21
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at AutomationController.onPoll (automation/modules/SensorsPolling/index.js:81:29)
    at AutomationController.EventEmitter.emit (automation/lib/eventemitter2.js:311:33)
    at automation/modules/Cron/index.js:138:42
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at automation/modules/Cron/index.js:126:27
The Sensor Polling runs with a 1 hour shedule. I don`t know why it crashes every once in a while. I didn`t observe a pettern yet.

I would appreciate some help to figure this out.
Thanks.
lajaro

Re: zway crashes

Post by lajaro »

I have problems with frequent crashes as well.

Had the same problem which got progressively worse, so just rebuilt my entire system from scratch using the latest Jessie distribution and Z-Way 2.3.0. Even went through the process of dissociating all the switches.

Was working flawlessly for a few days. But now, it has been crashing daily. Specifically, the service on TCP 8083. Rebooting restores behaviour as expected.

I also have Periodic Sensor Polling enabled.

Just looking for a stable solution.
fez

Post by fez »

For me 2.2.5 was running very stable. I updated to 2.3.0 which was running also well for a while.
Roughly the same timeframe I added tablet as a permanent display. This is when the crashes started.
I first I saw the abowe error in the logs, and blamed that for the crashes. Then I disabled it, and the crashes still happened.
When I turned off the tablet things were running better, but still not without problems.
Then I saw that the logs got huge, 100 Megs a day. I blamed the logrotate. I made some adjustments, but still had crashes.
Finally I decided to reinstall everything on a new SD card (the previous was running for a couple of years), thinking that maybe because of the very intensive log writes the SD migth have started to wear.
I wanted to understand the problem, but I didn't get so far yet.
Now I'm blockek by not beeing able to restore after the install.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please see another thread you participate in about restore. Indeed, problem found, a workaround is proposed.

As for your stability problems, we need to dig into this problem. We have found few bugs in v2.3.0 (so next week we will release v2.3.1 - mostly bugfixing only).
fez

Post by fez »

Thanks for the news PoltoS.
Bugs happen.
Let's wait for the update and see if that solves the stability issues.