Backup/restored issues

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
fez

Backup/restored issues

Post by fez »

Due several stability issues I lately had, I decided to reinstall everithing from scratch.
I backed up everything and after the restore I see several issues:
- restore network topology information is not working (board FW 5.07)! ... I've had no issue with the FW version 5.04
- some modules were not restored properly, more so virtual devices (new ID was assigned, so all other rules depending on them are all messed up)
- custom icons were not backed up / restored properly (images seems to went missing)

... I'm still looking what else got messed up

I still have the previous image, so it isnt't all lost, but I used the backup/restore functionality before successfully, so I wasn't expecting this.
FrankR

Re: Backup/restored issues

Post by FrankR »

How and what did you backup?

I had the same problem yesterday. My SD card crashed and I had to setup my pi from the scratch. Then I fetched my version 2.1.1 via wget and installed it. After the last crash in November I drew a backup of my /opt/z-way-server folder. I tried to redtore this yesterday, but the server won't start anymore. Why?
fez

Post by fez »

In the Z-Wave Expert UI you can back-up the "phisical" configuration, here is the manual (search for "backup"):
http://razberry.z-wave.me/docs/RaZberry ... nual20.pdf
In the Home Automation UI, Management section somewhere you can make another backup for the automation part.
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

Thanks. I knew about that.
But: the backup/restore of my physical configuration is not my problem as the RaZberry board didn't crash. The board itself came up immediately with all devices.
The problem was the backup/restore of the automation part which in version 2.1.1 (the last really stable version I know) can't be made via the UI. Only via copying the /opt/z-way-server folder. That's exactly what I did after the last crash and after I built my automation from the scratch. But now, after restoring the saved folder the server refuses to start without any entry in the logfile!