Do we need license for UZB1 stick + 3rd software

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
phananlinh

Do we need license for UZB1 stick + 3rd software

Post by phananlinh »

I bought a UZB1 stick to use with 3rd open source software. I know to use Z-way server software we need a license, but I wonder do I need a license to use UZB1 + open source software.

I have tried many different open source software ( OpenHab, Domotics, Open Z-wave Controller, HomeGenie, HomeSeer) but when I click add node (both secure and insecure mode), it can not detect my smart device (switch). So I confuse about license software in this case.

I also tried to factory reset (USB and device), exclusive mode... but still not work. Anyone can help me clear this question
Thank you so much.
phananlinh

Re: Do we need license for UZB1 stick + 3rd software

Post by phananlinh »

Hello, I still can not UZB1 now, anyone can help me.
Thank you.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The license is not needed for third party s/w. Make sure the frequency of the UZB is same as of your devices
ben52456j13

Post by ben52456j13 »

This is not entirely correct.

I use Domoticz which uses openzwave, I was upgrading from a Razberry to a UZB1, took a backup in Z-Way using the Razberry but was unable to restore it to the UZB1 because I didn't have a Z-Way license for the UZB1.

So basically you can't use the restore function in Z-Way without a license (but you can change the frequency and do many other things).

Very annoying.