Problem with one device after upgrading to 2.3.0/2.3.1

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
enbemokel

Re: Problem with one device after upgrading to 2.3.0/2.3.1

Post by enbemokel »

Hallo Andreas,

die Sirenen antworten auf alle unsecured Nachrichten, schön zu erkennen im Protokoll. Einzig die Security markierten Messages werden nicht
beantwortet. Btw. die Sirenen sind Routing Devices und immer am Strom.
Ich werden jetzt auch versuchen die Sirene ohne SEcurity einzubinden, da es keine Option ist das die Sirenen nicht funktionieren.
Sind bei mir mit Rauchmeldern gekoppelt und gehören zum Brandschutz ;-)
Grüße
Nico
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Polto, sorry for writing in German, but it´s just exchanging some informations that will not help you to troubleshoot.
But another question, could you reach a manufacturer and do you have some FW to test?
Thanks
Nico
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi,

sorry, I just recognized that I started writing in German... sorry for that.

@enbemokel: So the siren really still responds to no-secure messages AFTER security messages stopped working? Then it is definitely a firmware issue of the device! I expect some internal stack-overflow in the handling of the nonce... Could you give me a feedback if the siren works without security? As I wrote (in German...), not all device supports everything when included non-secure.

Regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
bjoern812

Post by bjoern812 »

Hi,

Andreas / Nico: Vielen Dank für Eure Posts! // Thank you for your posts.

I started exclude my siren and then forced unsecure inclusion. The siren stucks at 93% of the interview.
The "Security" interview doesn't finish. But, the siren is working (tried switching it on and off) and try other
sounds. All are working. Don't know, if the unfinished interview does make any problems?

Now, time will show, if it works for days, weeks and month... ;)

I will wait a few days and give you report.

Thanks again.
Björn
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi Together :-)

I have the same symptom, 93% and the siren is working for me so far. Put it back in all rules and scences and will test.
I don´t know how to include insecure, it always started with secure inclusen. I tried different methods, also with the app.
Andreas, we will inform the forum about the tests.
Best regards
Nico
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

BTW, i tried v2.3.4-rc11 and this is looking very good, drag and drop for the control buttons. Thumb up.
Will check v3. in a few days, seems there are still changes ongoing. Maybe there is a change with our problem
Best regards
Nico
bjoern812

Post by bjoern812 »

Hello together,

for over a week now, my Zipato siren runs without any problems. The siren is responding,
playing sounds etc. This is the first time that the siren works for over a week without any
problems since months. With the last secure inclusion the siren stops working after a few
days, but now it's working for over a week. :D

@enbemokel: Does your sirens also works with unsecure inclusion?

Greetings
Bjoern.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Hi, that sounds good on your side.
After my post on the 27.06. the sirens worked, yesterday one stopped with the same symptom.
But as i wrote, i couldn´t include withour security, and it wasn´t easy to include anyway the last time.
I did a factory reset and tried different times, at least they were included as secure. I´m on v2.3.5-rc12
Greetings
Nico