Does Z-Way support Cooper Scene Controllers (RFWC5)?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
rgerrans

Does Z-Way support Cooper Scene Controllers (RFWC5)?

Post by rgerrans »

I've just started to migrate my network over to Z-way.

I'm trying to install a Cooper scene controller. Most of the time the interview sticks at 90% (associations won't complete). I've gotten to 100% a couple of times but then if I look at the device I don't see any Elements available for the scenes?
rgerrans

Re: Does Z-Way support Cooper Scene Controllers (RFWC5)?

Post by rgerrans »

Ok, to follow-up and update anyone in my footsteps. I was finally able to get it to finish the interview on associations (which seems to be an issue with all my Cooper Aspire switches).

To get the system to create on elements for each button I had to associate the buttons (Association Group # corresponds to the button number) and then physically push the button to turn on/off the associated item (press and hold to turn on) which then created "On" elements for each item.

I then setup rules to trigger the associated dimmers to 100% when I turned on the On Element representing the scene controller button and left the device associated so that it would get turned off when the button was turned off.

A little more complicated then my Vera and doesn't allow it to work if the controller is down but better then nothing. Hopefully one of the developers can look into this an update the configuration for the RFWC5 to fix this by creating an on/off element automatically for each button.
ronluna

Re: Does Z-Way support Cooper Scene Controllers (RFWC5)?

Post by ronluna »

Hi, I've been trying to figure out the proper procedure to get Z-way to create the "on" elements for each item as you mentioned above. I was able to do it once. but I'm trying again and I can't get the controller to create the "On" elements again. Did you have to do something else beside Associating the button with the controller and and press and hold each button?