What is ApplicationStatus commandclass?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
taeold

What is ApplicationStatus commandclass?

Post by taeold »

I sometimes notice 'ApplicationStatus' commandclass appearing before my devices. Under most circumstances, my device doesn't include ApplicationStatus as one of it's commandclasses, but I occasionally notice it.

What is ApplicationStatus command? What does it mean w.r.t. z-way-server? Anyone has any idea?
PoltoS

Re: What is ApplicationStatus commandclass?

Post by PoltoS »

Application Status or Application Busy is a Command Class that allows the device to inform the sender (controller) that it is busy. It's ID is 0x22 (you should find it in the NIF). You can check Online Manual (https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Way-Manu ... wayDev.pdf) chapter 8.51

What means "commandclass appearing before my devices" ?
taeold

Post by taeold »

Hey @PoltoS - thanks for your reply.

Poor wording - what I meant by that is that ApplicatonStatus command class usually does not appear under the device's data tree. Does it only make an appearance when a device is "Busy"?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No, it appears when device supports it. Most devices do not have it supported
taeold

Post by taeold »

PoltoS - Any idea why a device might sometimes display ApplicationStatus as one of it's command classes, and sometimes not?

I have a script that runs hourly to check the commandclasses supported by a device by looking localhost/ZWave.zway/Run/devices. Every once in a while, the device that I have shows ApplicationStatus as one of the commandclass of this device. Most of the times it doesn't show ApplicationStatus at all.

I'm using z-way-server v2.3.0. The device displaying this behavior is Kwitset 914 https://www.kwikset.com/products/detail ... 15-ul.aspx
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Provide us the log - we will see. May be the device do not announce this CC, but then send us a command and we instanciate it - you will then see it till then next Z-Way restart
taeold

Post by taeold »

I think your theory is probably correct! I don't have the logs handy with me at the moment, and will post it over once I witness the phenomenon again. Thanks for you help!