How to start over!

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
jstaffon

How to start over!

Post by jstaffon »

I don't understand what happened. I was running Wheezy and Zway v2.1.1 for about a year. One day, the Raspberry Pi 3 won't boot. Reinstalled Wheezy, installed v2.1.1, and copied over the saved configuration which worked. Now none of the automation works. How do you completely start over? I suppose I can individually remove each device from my network and delete each and every app...but I'm thinking there's a better way. Thanks in advance!
PoltoS

Re: How to start over!

Post by PoltoS »

Just restoring a full copy of you z-way-server folder and keeping the same shield board should do the job
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

PoltoS wrote:
03 Aug 2017 21:47
Just restoring a full copy of you z-way-server folder and keeping the same shield board should do the job
Sorry, I'm not familiar with "shield board". What is that? Also, I want to reset all of the indices, delete all the apps, and remove all the devices so that when I start over, the first device starts at the beginning like when I first bought the Pi and Razberry board. I tried to remove the z-way-server folder and reinstall v2.1.1 but it remembered my devices. Don't I have to exclude them first?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

you may exclude them first, but you also can reset the controller in expert menu, then factory reset your devices and
inculde them again on a fresh installation. But I wouldn´t use the 2.xxx, there is some new 3. version available.