v2.3.5 not updating??

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
hp1

v2.3.5 not updating??

Post by hp1 »

I have 2 razberries:

Razberry 1 @ v2.0.0
Razberry 2 @ v2.3.5

v2.0.0 has been working well, niffler works, and it's been really reliable. I took the razberry2 and included it into the v2.0.0 network (by going into 'inclusion mode' on the v2.0.0 and 'Enter network on v2.3.5. This worked well, the v2.3.5 then saw all the zwave items, and after the interview was completed, could control those items. I did this for two reasons, to have a backup controller for my automation system, and also to reach a further device.

Now here's the problem. While I can control devices on 2.3.5, the web interface will never update unless I manually press the update button. My automation module can control devices on 2.3.5, but also doesn't see the updates unless I manually hit the 'update' button. On 2.0.0 this all happens quickly and automatically.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? 2.3.5 is useless for me if it can't update the states for devices controlled through it.
PoltoS

Re: v2.3.5 not updating??

Post by PoltoS »

I would first suggest to clear browser cache. Second is to check who is the guilty - UI or server. May be associations are not set on the device and it do not report it's updates.
timb

Post by timb »

I had a very similar problem.
I had my original Pi controller + old style zway card.
I purchased a new Pi, plus the new zway card - for extended range (I had range issues).
So I included the new Pi + new card and switched it to become the new primary controller, hoping that the original controller could become a secondary controller.
However, I noticed that all the lifeline associations remained with the original controller - kind of defeating the object of trying to transfer to the new, stronger signal controller.
I tried to manually reassign the lifelines - but try as I might this didn't work for many devices. I had to exclude and re-include (which is a major pain as all my apps then point to invalid devices....
Even now I have 5 devices I have not got around to re-assigning.
To be clear on some of the devices it says "Lifeline - number of associated devices have reached the maximum allowed number " - which I would expect, but the "+" symbol is not available to change it.

Lastly, the new stronger range device actually has less neighbours than the original - both are located in the same physical space. I have tried re-organise the network several times - but it doesn't appear to improve.
hp1

Post by hp1 »

Well this is interesting. I can control a Leviton fan, Kwikset lock, and Somfy ZRTSI on the secondary, and their status updates the secondary, but the primary does not see the changes. I have Bali Zwave blinds. These I can control from the primary and see their status change. I can control them from the secondary, but I don't see any status information until I manually hit the update button.

I then added an association into the leviton for #1 (2.0.0 zway) and #16 (2.3.5 zway), and I can turn on the fan on 2.3.5 and I see it update in the UI, however the 2.0.0 doesn't show the state change. It does if I manually hit the update button.

Now also the interview did not complete between 2.0 and 2.3.5. 2.0.0 didn't get 'MultiChannel' data, and 2.3.5 got all the instance 0 data, but only 'SceneActiviation' on instances 1 - 16.

I'm hoping that multiple controllers will solve a distance issue for me, and give me some redundancy for my home automation controller. I've actually already updated the controller module, but it isn't useful if the failover controller doesn't get status updates.
hp1

Post by hp1 »

Could sending the secondary a 'update all' command every 10 seconds or so be a potential fix? Does anyone know what would the URL be to trigger the same functionality as the 'Update All' button in the Expert UI?