Devices deleted after a restart? (My Cloud)

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ghrayfahx

Devices deleted after a restart? (My Cloud)

Post by ghrayfahx »

I’m running Z Way on a WD My Cloud and I got a thermostat in so I can finally get things going. I got it learned in fairly well. (It only goes to 79% on the interview and doesn’t complete the last two items, but works otherwise) I had to restart the NAS this morning and now the thermostat seems deleted. I had set up a schedule with it and now that seems gone as well. Is there any way to keep it from deleting everything every time I lose power?
PoltoS

Re: Devices deleted after a restart? (My Cloud)

Post by PoltoS »

Because the interview is not finished, the data was not saved. You can do it manually by going to NAS_IP:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices.SaveData() - it will force to save the data

It is fixed for next versions
ghrayfahx

Post by ghrayfahx »

Awesome. Thank you!!
ghrayfahx

Post by ghrayfahx »

I tried and the only result I get is a screen that says “null”
geirgp

Post by geirgp »

ghrayfahx wrote:
26 Sep 2017 23:12
I tried and the only result I get is a screen that says “null”
I think this is common for a lot of the api calls in z-way which do not return any values. I tried it myself and got the "null" reply, but also found this in the logs:

Code: Select all

[2017-09-28 18:51:02.703] [I] [zway] Saving configuration data to config/zddx/efc0c26a-DevicesData.xml
ghrayfahx

Post by ghrayfahx »

Ok. I hope to not lose power any time soon, but hopefully it saves all my settings and such. At this point I’m really hoping for an update for the My Cloud so my lock will FINALLY work correctly.
ghrayfahx

Post by ghrayfahx »

They actually did some work on the power lines yesterday morning and they killed power. When it came back on, the thermostat HAD been deleted again. I’m guessing this is something that will keep happening until the MyCloud gets an update.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please send us the log from last Save action to the reboot. Or wait for an update. It looks veryy strange.
fundy

Post by fundy »

PoltoS wrote:
26 Sep 2017 02:37
Because the interview is not finished, the data was not saved. You can do it manually by going to NAS_IP:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices.SaveData() - it will force to save the data

It is fixed for next versions
Interview fully completed on all devices. Tried to save the config as per above. But it
gives Error: Access denied

log contains several
[E] [zway] Error returned from zddx_save_to_xml(zway): Access denieded (-5)

There is also no option to make any backup in both UIs and upon restart all interview results are gone and zway devices malfunctioning and renamed to default values.
ghrayfahx

Post by ghrayfahx »

The access denied comes because you need to log into the regular UI first. Then it should load the page. But it didn’t work for me and I’m out of town and unable to get my logs right now.