Modules not triggering on binary switch activation

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
neuralphene

Modules not triggering on binary switch activation

Post by neuralphene »

What I want to accomplish: when switch 1 is toggled, toggle switch 2 to the same state.

I have tried setting up several different modules (Association, If -> Then, and LogicalOperator) to accomplish this. The logic is simple enough, and all cases work when I toggle switch 1 from the Z-way HTTP UI. However, when I toggle switch 1 manually (i.e. press the button), nothing happens - the modules are not being executed. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!
PoltoS

Re: Modules not triggering on binary switch activation

Post by PoltoS »

Is the state of switch 1 updated in Z-Way once you toggle it? If not, set up Life Line (Group #1 or in older devices usually #3).
neuralphene

Post by neuralphene »

The z-way UI is not being updated when the switches are manually triggered. Forgive my ignorance, but could you inform me how to enable lifeline in the z-way UI? I can navigate to the specific device configuration in the expert UI, but I'm not sure what to do from there. Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

LL = Association Group #1 in all Z-Wave Pluse devices
neuralphene

Post by neuralphene »

These are regular z-wave GE switches. I did some more research and ended up using the Niffler module to solve my problem. It results in the switches updating correctly in the UI and thus the other modules triggering.

Thanks