All of these shoe ads

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ghrayfahx

All of these shoe ads

Post by ghrayfahx »

Seriously, what needs to be done to get rid of this crap‽ it seems every time I come on here there’s at least one new ad for shoes. I’ve been flagging the posts because it seems like that’s the only time they go away. But it gets really old doing it every day so I’ve stopped the past few days. There has to be several options available to stop the spammers, I just wish some of them would be used.
PoltoS

Re: All of these shoe ads

Post by PoltoS »

We delete this spam almost every day. Those are real people making hose posts. It is hard to get rid of them. Any suggestion how to do that without harming real user experience?
ghrayfahx

Re: All of these shoe ads

Post by ghrayfahx »

A few options I can think of would be blacklisting certain words. I can’t imagine any reason this forum would have a valid post with words like “Nike”, “Adidas” or even “shoe/shoes”. Another, I would assume several of these accounts are coming from the same place, so IP banning them may be an option. Maybe some kind of verification process when creating a new user account could help prevent mass creating accounts to spam.